The Prayer Chaplain Program at Unity of Sussex County is a trained volunteer prayer team that serves our congregation by offering prayer before and during our Sunday Celebration as well as one-on-one prayer after service. Our Chaplain Ministry is here to create and nurture a community where God and prayer are put first in every aspect of our lives.
Our congregation is a safe place where all are nurtured and honored and where it is affirmed that the highest and best is already manifesting in everybody’s life.
The role of a Prayer Chaplain is to hold spiritual space, listen from the heart, pray with others, and hold in confidence what is shared. Be assured that our Chaplains will:
- Accept you unconditionally
- Listen to your prayer request and hold what is shared in confidence
- Pray with you for the highest and best in your life to be expressed
Being a Prayer Chaplain is a way to express one’s divine potential while achieving deeper spiritual fulfillment. People who volunteer to be a Prayer Chaplain also agree to take on certain responsibilities, such as:
- Make a one-year commitment to serve;
- Maintain a personal prayer life;
- Make home/hospital visitations, when available;
- Communicate regularly with the Minister
- Attend a mandatory orientation, training sessions and monthly meetings.