[one_fourth padding=”0 10px 0 0″]
[/one_fourth][three_fourth_last padding=”0 10px 0 0″]The Prayer Chaplain Program at Unity of Sussex County is a trained volunteer prayer team that serves our congregation by offering prayer before and during our Sunday Celebration as well as one-on-one prayer after service. Our Chaplain Ministry is here to create and nurture a community where God and prayer are put first in every aspect of our lives.
Our congregation is a safe place where all are nurtured and honored and where it is affirmed that the highest and best is already manifesting in everybody’s life.
The role of a Prayer Chaplain is to hold spiritual space, listen from the heart, pray with others, and hold in confidence what is shared. Be assured that our Chaplains will:
- Accept you unconditionally
- Listen to your prayer request and hold what is shared in confidence
- Pray with you for the highest and best in your life to be expressed
Being a Prayer Chaplain is a way to express one’s divine potential while achieving deeper spiritual fulfillment. People who volunteer to be a Prayer Chaplain also agree to take on certain responsibilities, such as:
- Make a one-year commitment to serve;
- Maintain a personal prayer life;
- Make home/hospital visitations, when available;
- Communicate regularly with the Minister
- Attend a mandatory orientation, training sessions and monthly meetings.
If you think you would like to serve as a Prayer Chaplain, we invite you to pray about your calling. Rev. Janice would be happy to pray with you and facilitate your entry into this sacred service, which also is stepping up to your next level of spiritual growth. Contact her for more information.[/three_fourth_last]