Your Soul is Welcome Here!
Unity of Sussex County is a spiritual community where you are encouraged to live as your authentic self. We honor all paths to God, knowing they ultimately lead to the same Infinite Spirit.
Here you will find a vibrant community, meaningful connection, comprehensive spiritual education, and loving support.
• all thought is creative,
• there is only one power behind all things, and
• this power is found within each of us.
We offer opportunities for personal growth and insight knowing you can face life’s challenges equipped with strength and confidence. You are here by Divine appointment, and we invite you to explore our website and to join us soon for a Sunday service, a class or a workshop. Your soul is welcome here!
Connect with Great People and Ideas!
Every week at Unity of Sussex County provides opportunities to make new friends, learn something new, and have fun. Check our Events Calendar for complete information about all the ways to connect with others.
September 13 Sunday Service
Handle with Prayer
Wednesdays, September 9-30, 7-9 p.m. via Zoom
Learn how to use your mind, your spoken word, and your pondering to live the life you desire and do it in community. Join Unity and CSL North jersey in this free class. Love offerings will be accepted.
Required reading: Handle with Prayer by Alan Cohen may be ordered from Amazon or picked up at Unity of Sussex County. Register now!
Subscribe to our email to get Zoom access information.
We Are Open Sundays!
To assure our well-being, we have adopted the following revised protocols. We ask that you review them. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us. If you aren’t ready yet to return to our building, don’t worry; you can join us on Facebook Live. To gain access to Zoom sessions for group meetings, classes and more, you must subscribe (if you are not already on our email list). Subscribe here.
- Our Center has been cleaned and sanitized – we will continue to do so on a regular basis. We have hand sanitizer available in several locations including the sanctuary and bathrooms.
- If you have a fever, are sneezing, coughing, just not feeling well or have been exposed to anyone who has been sick, please stay home and attend our online church opportunities.
- If you have a compromised immune system and are considered “at risk,” please stay home and attend our online church opportunities.
- Face masks are required while in the building (see item 17).
- When you arrive, we ask you to maintain a six-foot distance from anyone who is not from your family group. We ask that you refrain from hugs, handshakes, and holding hands.
- Please allow and maintain a comfortable distance of six feet between yourself and others.
- Some rows will not be available for seating. Please seat yourself six feet apart (a minimum of two empty seats) from non-household members.
- Children will remain with their parents during service.
- Hospitality (food, snacks, coffee, tea, potlucks) will be suspended for the next few months and will resume when it is in the best interest and well-being of all.
- Fellowship and conversation may continue outside the building after Sunday Service.
- Online giving is now the preferred method; however, offerings will also be collected during service in a safe manner.
- The Prayer Box will still be available in the lobby on the table. Prayer request forms are on the same table. Please use hand sanitizer before and after using the prayer box.
- We will not form a circle or hold hands during the Peace Song; rather, we will lift our hands in praise and gratitude.
- We will use only paper, which will not be collected after the service.
- Restrooms will be open with one person allowed at a time.
- If you become ill after attending a service, please advise the center office at 973-383-6277; this will allow us to inform other attendees.
- Presenters will wear masks unless they are actively engaged in delivering material.
- For your information, a 20-foot distance from presenters is marked on the floor.
What a perfect opportunity we have during this time to clean out our closets and prepare for the warmer weather. As you do, please remember to save items for our clothing drive in the fall. We collect all reusable clothing and accessories to then be distributed to areas where they are most needed as we also raise funds for our Center. Place them in kitchen-sized plastic trash bags and remember to put all shoes in a separate bag. There will be plenty of time to get them to us before October. Thank you!
Tuesday Book Group
Tuesdays, 7:30-9 p.m. via Zoom
All are welcome to join. Reading Masaru Emoto’s The Hidden Messages in Water, a book about how water is deeply connected to our individual and collective consciousness. For access via Zoom to our discussions, subscribe to Unity of Sussex County’s email news.
Wednesday Afternoon Book Group
Wednesdays, 3:10-4:30 p.m. via conference call
Reading The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See by Richard Rohr. Understanding how you can enhance spiritual awareness without sacrificing reason. This group meets via teleconferencing. For access, subscribe to Unity of Sussex County’s email news.