Youth & Family Ministry
Unity of Sussex County’s Youth and Family Ministry serves children and youth from birth through age 18 with a well-rounded curriculum and activities that make learning fun. Whatever their age, your children are treasured by our spiritual community and all who serve in this ministry. Our program includes nursery and toddler care, Children’s Church, Uniteens, and Youth of Unity (Y.O.U.).
The Youth and Family program meets at 11 a.m. while the adults are celebrating Sunday Service.
WHAT WE TEACH
- God is love, the only true power, always present in everyone and everywhere.
- We are all children of God, created in God’s image.
- Christ is God’s perfect expression of love for humankind and it exists as potential within us.
- The same spirit that lived in Jesus Christ lives in all of us.
- We learn about God when we listen to God in prayer, in silent meditation.
- We live God’s power when we live in harmony with God’s laws, letting love direct our thoughts, words and actions.
- Prayer & meditation
- Object lessons, parables and fables
- Bible stories
- Interactive trust builders
- Creative expressions and projects
- Singing and creative movement
- Group discussions
- Outdoor activities (hiking, trust walks and games)
1. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
2. I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
5. I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.
RESOURCES for PARENTS
Program Overview: Unity Family Matters on Unity Online Radio
Good parenting doesn’t happen by default. It is intentional. It is a decision about who you will be and what you will do in your family life. Your hosts Rev. Jennifer and Ogun Holder want you to experience the “light” side of parenting — realizing your divine identity while raising your children to know they are “the light of God.” Every week we offer insight based upon Unity principles, talk with today’s prominent experts in spiritual parenting, and address your questions and comments from spiritual perspectives.
Our mission is not to entertain the children, but to call them out. To be always entertained is to be dwarfed and dependent. To be “called out” is to follow the harmonious law of the soul’s unfoldment. Who meddles with the rosebud? What fingers are deft enough to pry open that marvel of folded beauty? We are wise enough to leave it alone to follow the glad law of its own unfolding, but our children! Have we dealt as wisely with these buds of marvelous possibilities? Have we always remembered that they, too, must quicken and unfold through the innate law of their own genius?
Unity in the Heart of Teens
The International Youth of Unity (YOU) gathered at Unity Village, Missouri in July 2013, and a group made this video, which interpreted Unity’s teachings in a clever, unique way.